Would you like to have a memory book to take home with you from this year's reunion in October?

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Scenes at RHS - Hey I Remember That!


I don't get back to Ridgewood as much as I like but when I do I always have my camera handy. This post is mostly pictures I've taken but there's 1 or 2 that do not belong to me. Mine are not professional but may stir some memories nonetheless! Most of these photos were taken in the summer of 2011.



Above is our famous entrance to RHS although whoever designed the updates (doors, etc) definitely did not stay true to the beautiful look of our school - safety I suppose but still not the same. Just look at the 1940's photo below the one above and tell me which looks better! I mean they have kept important landmarks or at least reproductions of the original but its still about the details. I miss those ivy-covered walls.


Above is the same RHS entrance at its original best - grass is looking great - the beautiful benches which were gifts from various RHS classes are sadly gone - photo circa 1940. Even the railings on the stairs have a beautiful, classic look to them.


Above, from top porch of main entrance - looking a little sloppy - long gone are the beautiful benches, railings, nice lawn and mortared patio stones.


Above is the RHS football as it appears today.


Above is a staircase across from the cafeteria.


View toward the cafeteria past the main office.


Above: "Hello Mrs. Beckett - is Mr. Mac in - I have, er....an appointment!"


Above is the the student center looking out on the courtyard - Kate Harbison and I would meet for coffee or soda once in awhile here.


View of the cool stage area - Mountain was just one of the bands that would play here back in the 1970's.


Above, the boy's gym.




Above, a shot of the auditorium on left - science wing to the right - the tennis courts are behind me.



Above, the view of RHS in the distance (center) from Heights Road.


Great school, great town, great memories - 40th reunion the weekend of October 18-20, 2013. Hey I heard Dave Burdick's mom is having people stay over that weekend! Just kidding Dave..........

Please come to the reunion you guys!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment